Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I'm 16 and falling into the death trap of today's pop magazine's portrayal of beauty and perfection.

I know it's wrong and dumb, and it makes me sick that I'm letting myself fall victim to this sick monster of vanity and (pseudo-)glamour, but it's happening anyway.





I suppose being 118lbs (5'4) isn't considered fat, but I still feel fat. Fat, ugly, disgusting.


I look in the mirror and want to vomit.





I know that as soon as possible, I will get plastic surgery (nose job, fat removed from thighs, boob job, etc.), and I don't care about the risks, the money, anything.





The thing is, I know that it's sick, and the whole thing just disgusts me, but that's not stopping it.





I don't know what my question is exactly.


I just don't want to be one of ';those girls';.


Help?I'm 16 and falling into the death trap of today's pop magazine's portrayal of beauty and perfection.
You recognize it as negative, so dont be so disrespectful of your self so as to go through with it.





Its the same thing for guys with money, power, cars, muscles, ect.





I just give myself a reality check every now and then. And make sure I really am shooting for what matters and what I really want.I'm 16 and falling into the death trap of today's pop magazine's portrayal of beauty and perfection.
I have had thoughts similar to this, but what helped me was finding someone that I genuinely admired, inside and out. I thoguht they were beautiful (in a healthy, classical way), intelligent, and an independent thinker. I chose someone who knew what they were all about and always had a sense of purpose in their step. And every now and then, if I feel like I'm about to take a fall into that superficial world, I stop and think and say, ';is this what the person I admire would do? Absolutely not.'; I love to read and although the person I admire is a fictional character, it still works. I for one think it's great that you're not like everyone else on this planet, or rather, you don't want to be like everyone else. Everyone looks different, so why should beautiful only get to look one certain way?
You do need help with this. Ring one of the hospitals and speak to the eating disorders unit am am sure they will point you in the right direction and tell how concerned you should be. The longer you leave this the harder it will be to overcome.
My advice, find yoursef a nerd boyfriend. They may not be up there in the social ladder but they are the best at bringing up your selfesteem.
It's a personal thing. All the advice in the world won't help you with finding inner acceptance.


The good thing is that you recognize that you're wrong when you think like that.


You're probably going to have to wait some time for someone to type a long, drawn out prophetic answer, if that's what you're looking for.
i think we should be thankful for having normal arms and legs with a healthy body. few days ago i read in the news paper, there is this little girl from india, she is born with 2 face.. i was like how lucky we all not having this physical and emotional torture. it's best that we know how to be satisfy in certain stage.
what you have is actually a mental illness. you should see a pycologist for help. its really unhealthy.
i think you should go shopping... new clothes, shoes, underwear... ;) lol. great for a boost of confidence.





and if it helps... i looked at your myspace pics. i promise, you're not fat, you're pretty. :)





idk if my opinion counts, but hey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
worms